Who We Are
Caribbean Union Bank, founded on December 9, 2005, is an indigenous commercial bank, focusing first and foremost on the delivery of excellent banking and financial services and the creation and maintenance of wealth for our clients. CUB is also committed to the distribution of banking and financial information and financial counselling. Our recipe for sustainable growth which includes a blend of traditional banking with modern technology, combined with a talented and experienced management team and staff, is a testament to our ongoing success.
The foundation of Caribbean Union Bank rests on four main pillars which are the
cornerstones of our organization:
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Technology Driven
- Investment in Employees
- Community Involvement
The Heliconia plant is considered an exotic cousin to the Caribbean favourites, banana and ginger; its distinctive leaves flourish on strong stems that unify their beauty and purpose. As a symbol for Caribbean Union Bank, the Heliconia leaves reflect the distinctive beauty and individual quality of Caribbean territories unified by a common heritage and interdependent on the well being of each other to generate growth and purpose. Like the Heliconia, the Bank is born and bred in the Caribbean and relates to the economic health of the region for it to achieve its potential and support wealth creation amongst its customers.
To be the premier engagement bank within the Caribbean.
We will provide service excellence which consistently exceeds customer expectations through the delivery of personalised engagement banking. We will encourage the empowerment of our employees and utilize innovative technology solutions to attain sustained economic growth while making a meaningful contribution to the enrichment of the wider community.
CUB’s values represent timeless principles that guide its operations and form the belief framework that is demonstrated through the day-to-day behaviours of the Board of Directors, Management and the Employees. The PRINCIPLES are the cornerstone of the Bank’s attitudes and behaviours:
- Professionalism – We conduct our tasks with the highest level of standard expected of a Banker
- Reliability – Our work is transparent inside of the Bank as well as to the general public
- Integrity – We relate to our Employees, Stakeholders, Creditors, Customers on the strong foundation of ethics
- Neutral – We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, political affiliation, business relationship or religion
- Collective effort – We believe that only as a Team we can achieve common goals
- Innovation – We encourage creativity at all times
- Persistence – We give of our best and we never give up
- Loyalty – We are dedicated to our work and loyal to the Bank
- Enthusiasm – We approach each job with a positive attitude and with the goal to complete it
- Simplicity – We believe that the simple solutions are the best solutions
Our first responsibility is to our clients. We understand that the success of our organization is dependent on fostering healthy relationships with our clients who we provide with superior banking and related services in a professional and confidential manner. We stress the importance of treating each one as a member of our Team. It is our privilege to work diligently every day to assist our clients as we believe that “No Dream is out of Reach”.
At CUB, we believe that it is our responsibility to contribute to the community in which we operate, to empower our people to play an active role in projects that benefit our island and provide advancement opportunities. We are delighted to provide assistance for initiatives that promote and support.
- Community Development
- Environmental Awareness
- Financial Education and Empowerment
As an employer we are genuinely interested in our employees’ welfare and personal development, to help them share in the organization’s success which they make possible. We are committed to being a great place to work and to help our employees gain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment from their work.
An overriding philosophy of CUB is that people should experience a better way of doing their banking. Our slogan, “Banking…the Better Way” speaks for itself. We strive to do business in a friendly, yet professional manner, and provide our clients with opportunities to improve their financial position. From the minute our clients begin to do business with us, we want them to know that they have made a sound decision.
In essence, Banking…The Better Way is about delivering the products our clients want with the service they deserve. We offer our clients personalized state-of-the-art financial solutions to exceed their expectations. At CUB, We Care! We Listen! We Respond! With the understanding that time is valuable and the belief that banking should be effortless we offer a full spectrum of financial services to provide our clients with any and every convenience to suit their lifestyle. Caribbean Union Bank is the alternative to traditional banking – “The Difference is in our Delivery”.
CUB’s success lies not only in the development of our products, but in our ability to be the market leader in superior service standards.
Our standards are based on the four E’s:
- EMPOWER – We strive to empower our team members with the right tools so that they are equipped to serve our clients.
- EXCEL– At CUB, we always aim for excellence in our internal processes as these form the foundation for creating a great customer experience.
- ENGAGE – Our belief is that our services should be catered to the needs of our clients so that long lasting relationships can be established. We believe that banking is an engaging experience taking banking to the customers of CUB, when they need it and how they need it. Engagement Banking is personalized, interactive and timely.
- ENRICH – Finally we believe that we have an important role to play in the healthy growth and development of Antigua and Barbuda and that for the nation on a whole to be enriched we must start with one business…one family…one person at a time.